Practical, comfortable, yet put together equals ideal airport style. Whether jet-setting to the islands, an excursion, or on work travel, looking polished at the airport and on the plane is essential. A put together look can often score you an upgraded seat on a flight, make the airline attendant be willing to bring you complimentary drinks or food, or enable you to have conversations on and off the plane with new people. Appearance goes a long way, so these foolproof tips for trendy airport style will take you away.
- Ankle Length Pants or Dark Denim in light fabrics look pulled together yet comfortable. Navy, grays, and black are a basic back drop for any top/jacket combination. Dark denim looks sleek and stream-lined on and off the plane. Avoid wearing a belt which slows down the process at security and can be uncomfortable at the waist/hips while sitting on the flight.
- A long light knit cardigan, in lightweight wool or cashmere, allows you to wrap yourself up while on the plane in case it gets cold, but looks pulled together.
- A dressy t-shirt, cotton or chiffon top is the perfect layering piece. Wear bold colors or fun prints to dress up your pant style, avoiding silk and linen tops which excessively wrinkle.
- Slip into comfortable flats with a bit of panache. Buckles, stitching, prints or d’orsay style make this type of shoe a more fun option. For summer travel, espadrilles and wedges let your feet be comfortable yet chic. Wear little sock liners on your feet -that you don’t see- so you don’t have to go barefoot through security.
- An over-sized scarf pulls your look together, which can be used as a pillow or blanket during the flight, or a chic wrap or statement accessory with bikini’s and dresses while on travel.
- A chic tote bag is a traveling must. Carry your passport, wallet, camera, magazines, sunglasses and a small makeup bag with you. Bring a change of clothes, such as a sundress, one pair of shoes, a thin night shirt, clean underwear and a few simple jewelry pieces in case your luggage gets lost.
- Jumpsuits and maxi skirts/dresses are a comfortable yet stylish option for travel, especially if heading to a warmer climate.
Check out Weekend Travel Essentails and follow Divine Style’s Travel Pinterest Board for the hottest vacation destinations + what to wear.